In order to distinguish and master the dyestuffs, dyestuffs manufacturers have formally adopted a unified naming method. As long as you see the name of the dye, you can probably know which kind of dye the dye belongs to, as well as its color, luster and so on. The nomenclature of dyes in our country uses three-stage nomenclature. The name of dyes can be divided into three parts: title, color and endnote.
1. Crown names mainly refer to the names of dyes classified according to their application methods or properties, such as dispersion, reduction, activity, direct, etc.
2. The color scale represents the name of the color that can be obtained by dyeing the fabric with this dye according to the standard method. Generally, there are four ways to express it.
(1) Use common physical names, such as red, green, blue, etc.
(2) Use plant names, such as orange, peach red, grass green, rose, etc.
(3) Expressed by natural phenomena, such as sky blue, golden yellow, etc.
(4) Expressed by animal names, such as rat ash, goose yellow, etc.
3. Endnotes indicate the colour, light, properties, state, concentration of dyes and what fabrics they are suitable for.
- They are usually represented by letters and numbers.
The three-stage nomenclature of dyes is convenient to use. For example, reductive purple RR, we can know that this is a purple reductive dye with red light. The title is reductive, the color is purple, R means reddish light, and two R means reddish light is heavier.
At present, the nomenclature of dyestuffs has not been unified in all countries of the world. Each Dyestuff Factory takes a name for each dyestuff it produces, so there may be several different names for the same dyestuff.
Nomenclature of Chinese Dyes
Direct, direct sunproof, direct copper blue, direct diazo, acidity, weak acidity, acid complexation, acid medium, neutral, cation, activity, reduction, soluble reduction, dispersion, sulfurization, chromophore, chromophenol, chromophore, color blue, soluble sulfurization, fast pigments, oxidation, polycondensation, blending, etc.
2 colors are tender yellow, yellow, golden yellow, deep yellow, orange, bright red, red, peach red, rose red, magenta, red purple, jujube red, purple, Turquoise blue, Lake blue, brilliant blue, dark blue, green, dark green, yellow brown, red brown, dark brown, olive green, grass green, grey, black, etc.
3-color B-band blue or blue light; G-band yellow or green light; R-band red light quality F-denotes pure color; D-denotes dark or slightly dark; T-denotes deep.
Nature and Use
C-chlorine resistance, cotton
Firmness of I-Schilling VAT dyes;
K-cold dyeing (Chinese reactive dye K means hot dyeing)
L-has good light fastness or homogeneity.
N-New or Standard;
P-suitable for printing;
X-high concentration (Chinese reactive dye X means cold dyeing).
The titles of dyes in different countries are basically the same. The color titles and endings are somewhat different and often vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. China intends to adopt uniform naming rules according to its needs.